||Centrally manage user connections, thin client devices & convert PCs to thin clients
2X ThinClientServer PXES edition makes the move to thin client computing easy by delivering a solution to convert existing PCs to thin clients and centrally manage thin client devices from any vendor (HP, Neoware, Wyse, Maxspeed and more).
User's connection & device hardware settings (RDP / NX, screen size, Applications that users have access to, Terminal Server name and more) can be controlled centrally by device, user, group or department (Active Directory / LDAP) via the web based interface.
2X ThinClientServer PXES edition is the next generation of PXES 1.0, the popular free Linux thin client OS. The new version of PXES incorporates the Linux thin client OS, and also includes a server to allow for central configuration & management of the thin clients. 2X ThinClientServer PXES edition is the free version of 2X ThinClientServer. This commercial version also supports connecting to Citrix servers. The PXES edition can connect to Windows Terminal services servers (RDP) and NX terminal servers. The PXES edition does not include support, however user to user support is available via the 2X forums.
2X ThinClientServer key features:
* Converting existing PCs to thin clients
* Manage users' connection settings centrally by user, group or department
* Limit users to 2X published applications rather than giving access to a whole desktop
* Thin client vendor independent: Manage any thin client / PC centrally
* Supports virtually all thin clients and computer hardware